Aspect Biosystems is an award-winning Canadian startup developing state-of-the-art 3D bioprinting technology with the vision of enabling the creation of human tissues on demand. Aspect aims to drive a fundamental shift in the pharmaceutical industry by enabling the development of physiologically relevant human tissue models for pre-clinical drug testing, moving away from the use of animals and de-risking customers’ drug assets entering clinical trials. Aspect is a forward-looking company, and envisions a future where our technology is used directly to save lives through the creation of personalized implantable tissue and even functional organs.
We have an interdisciplinary and fast-paced team looking for exceptional and enthusiastic individuals to help us grow into a leading global biotech. As an early employee there is significant opportunity for growth and leadership. If you thrive in a team atmosphere and have the drive to grow in one of the most promising startup companies, we want to hear from you.
Roles and Responsibilities
We are seeking a part-time Accounting Clerk with a keen eye for detail and the ability to set up and maintain processes. You will support the accounting team with daily tasks and updating accounting records. Responsibilities will include:
- Verify and process invoices to ensure vendor transactions are properly documented
- Create customer invoices and ensure receivables are collected
- Reconcile credit cards and bank statements, as well as accounts payables and receivables
- Handle purchasing activities through company ERP system
- Review expense claim forms, ensuring adherence to company policy
- Respond to inquiries from vendors, contractors, and staff promptly and professionally
- Prepare cheque and EFT runs to ensure employees, contractors, and vendors are paid on time
- Assist with period end and year-end closing tasks and inventory management
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Proficient in MS Office with intermediate skills in MS Excel
- Knowledge of Xero accounting software is an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills are a must
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Positive and team-oriented attitude
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, results-driven, collaborative, and team-oriented. We are looking for individuals who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field, and are passionate about their work and Aspect’s success. We offer competitive compensation packages with excellent opportunities for personal growth.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.