Contracts Manager - IP & Licensing
Position: Contracts Manager, Intellectual Property and Licensing
Location: Vancouver, BC
We are seeking an entrepreneurial and motivated licensing professional who has experience in business development and contract negotiation as it pertains to the management and commercialization of intellectual property. This role will support our business and corporate development units. You will be responsible for supporting the team in general agreement activities as well as those related to Aspect’s Discovery Ecosystem. The position will report to the Director, Intellectual Property and Licensing, and will be based in Vancouver, BC.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist with the full cycle of negotiation and review a range of complex corporate agreements, including technology access agreements, contract research, collaboration, and other agreements as needed.
- Assume increasing responsibility for preparation of routine agreements such as non-disclosure and material transfer agreements in support of activities across the company in R&D, Sales and Marketing, Business, and Corporate Development.
- Prepare and review initial drafts of agreements and maintain and update template agreements.
- Track and review incoming and outgoing contract requests, including completion of required data entry, and general maintenance of agreement database.
- Coordinate internal contract approvals and signature processes.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: University degree preferably in Life Sciences, Engineering or Law. An advanced degree in a relevant technical discipline is considered an asset.
- Experience: At least 3 years of experience managing various types of legal agreements in a biotechnology corporate or academic setting. Experience independently negotiating agreements and possessing a working knowledge of intellectual property portfolio management are both considered assets
- Detail-Oriented: You sweat the small stuff when it comes to detail, you take pride in your work, and you demonstrate a commitment to excellence and accuracy in the work you do. In addition, you have a strong customer-service mentality to provide high-quality and timely services to internal clients.
- Go-Getter: You work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment. You have an eagerness to take ownership of new projects and are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Effective Communicator: You have superior written and verbal communication skills. You are an active listener who can communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Proficiency: You are adept with commonly used software applications such as MS Office and G Suite, and you have the ability to quickly learn and incorporate new tools.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is an established biotech start-up pioneering the microfluidic 3D bioprinting of human tissues. Our bold team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech.
We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
We very much appreciate your interest in a position at Aspect and thank all candidates for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.