Aspect Biosystems is an award-winning Canadian start-up developing state-of-the-art 3D bioprinting technology capable of creating living human tissues on demand. Aspect aims to drive a fundamental shift in the pharmaceutical industry by enabling the development of physiologically relevant human tissue models for preclinical drug testing, moving away from the use of animals and de-risking customers’ drug assets entering clinical trials. Aspect is a forward-looking company that envisions a future where our technology is used directly to save lives through the creation of personalized therapeutic tissue implants, and we are already making great strides in this area. One day even fully functional printed organs may be possible and there are innumerable opportunities to cure disease and improve lives in the pursuit of that goal.
We have an interdisciplinary and fast-paced team looking for qualified and enthusiastic individuals to help us grow into a flagship Canadian tech company. As an early employee there is significant opportunity for growth and leadership. If you thrive in a team atmosphere and have the drive to grow in one of the most promising start-up companies in Canada, we want to hear from you!
Roles and Responsibilities
Provides executive support to the Chief Executive Officer and the senior management team, as well as general support to the overall team. The ideal individual will have a high attention to detail with the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, and to work well under pressure at times to handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; assisting with the preparation of Board meetings, preparing confidential correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Provides a seamless interface between the CEO and internal departments; demonstrates professionalism and leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the executive team.
- Handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Provides exceptional support to the Board of Directors with guidance from the CEO.
- Prepares meeting and presentation materials.
- Provides support to document control and assists with managing contracts and insurance.
- Handles facilities and office management related duties, including ensuring the cleanliness of the office and ordering of office supplies and equipment.
- Assists with business calendar management - coordinates meetings, travel, and team events.
- Handles highly confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Manages general software and IT-related issues.
- Coordinates incoming calls and provides general administrative support.
- Performs other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in an Executive Assistant role supporting senior level executives.
- Exceptional organizational skills and unparalleled attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills with the ability to understand common software programs and provide support to team member as needed.
- Strong judgement skills and unwavering commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- Solid ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including employees, board members, investors, and external partners.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Appreciated for your flexibility to be available outside of normal work hours to provide support on urgent matters or to meet tight deadlines.
- Regarded as highly adaptable, agile, and poised when faced with change, ambiguity, and competing priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio and Power Point), and Social Media platforms.
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, results-driven, collaborative and friendly. We are looking for individuals who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field, and are passionate about their work and Aspect's success. We offer competitive compensation packages with excellent opportunities for personal growth.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. We very much appreciate your interest in a position at Aspect and thank all candidates for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.