Location: Vancouver, BC
We are seeking a driven and people-first Scientific Recruiter to grow and scale our highly technical and scientific teams at Aspect Biosystems. You will work with the Director of Talent to create innovative hiring strategies for roles across our organization, while using data and insights to influence hiring decisions. In this role, you will oversee the full recruitment process, with a focus on building recruitment and sourcing strategies to hire current and future positions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Partner with our Director of Talent and senior leaders to hire the best talent for Aspect Biosystems.
- Collaborate with our marketing team to plan and deliver unique employer branding initiatives and social recruiting strategies.
- Support hiring efforts for difficult to hire, complex, and senior level roles; craft and implement end-to-end recruiting strategies – including sourcing, attracting diverse talent, and closing strategies.
- Leverage pipeline data and market insights to influence hiring decisions and team-wide hiring strategies.
- Tenaciously build talent pipelines through networking, cold-calling, events, and other creative channels.
- Provide a world-class candidate experience by delivering timely and thoughtful updates and feedback throughout the recruitment process.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement and inefficiencies in our hiring process. Partner with peers and stakeholders to drive scaled solutions for our team.
- Consistently hit sourcing and hiring targets and communicate progress to key stakeholders.
- Apply your knowledge and passion for science and innovation to headhunt and interview highly educated scientists and engineers.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: A BSc degree in biological sciences.
- Recruitment Experience: Ideally, you have 1-2 years of experience managing the full recruitment process and building sourcing strategies for highly technical roles in an agency environment. You recruit because you love it and enjoy having an impact on the growth of the company.
- Relationship Builder: This position is first and foremost a partnership with the candidates and the teams you recruit for. You take a proactive, high-touch, consultative approach with these relationships, building trust consistently and quickly.
- Results-Oriented: You are resilient, ambitious, and work with a high sense of urgency. You have exceptional talent-sourcing skills and are a tenacious headhunter that turns over every rock. You naturally build talent networks.
- Lifelong Learner: You are insatiably curious, a lifelong learner, and are always seeking to learn everything there is to know about the company and the teams you partner with.
- Solution and Data-Oriented Mindset: You have a data-driven mindset and approach to problem solving and drawing insights. You see potential challenges as opportunities to learn, grow, and apply creative solutions.
- Thrive in Ambiguity: You are able to work in a fluid environment and can pivot with agility, stay organized, and humble along the way.
- Team-Oriented: The team is a priority for you; you care about our goals as an organization, enable others to do their best work, and love working together to come up with the best solutions.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company combining the power of microfluidics and 3D bioprinting to create bioprinted therapeutics. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier.
We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.