Aspect Biosystems is an award-winning Canadian startup developing state-of-the-art 3D bioprinting technology with the vision of enabling the creation of human tissues on demand. Aspect aims to drive a fundamental shift in the pharmaceutical industry by enabling the development of physiologically relevant human tissue models for pre-clinical drug testing, moving away from the use of animals and de-risking customers’ drug assets entering clinical trials. Aspect is a forward looking company, and envisions a future where our technology is used directly to save lives through the creation of personalized implantable tissue and even functional organs.
We have an interdisciplinary and fast-paced team looking for exceptional and enthusiastic individuals to help us grow into a leading global biotech. As an early employee there is significant opportunity for growth and leadership. If you thrive in a team atmosphere and have the drive to grow in one of the most promising startup companies, we want to hear from you.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will take ownership of our Aspect Studio design software. Aspect Studio is responsible for 3D slicing, printer and printhead control, and graphical editing tools. This role will involve supporting research into new printing and control techniques, and developing and maintaining production code. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Work within an agile team environment with a cross-functional team of software developers, mechanical engineers, microfluidics researchers, and biologists
- Deliver clean, maintainable,documented, and tested code for production
- Design and implement 3D slicing, printer and printhead control algorithms for application and embedded code bases
- Work with researchers to support lab activities with new software features
- Work with applications team to troubleshoot and fix customer issues
- Thrive in a dynamic environment and be willing to take on whatever tasks are needed to meet the team’s goal
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience developing application or embedded software in a commercial environment
- Proficiency in C++, C#, or Python
- Demonstrated practical software development experience with at least one of the following: 1) Control System Design and Implementation, 2) 3D drawing and editing (e.g. using HOOPS, VTK), 3) Motion control, and/or 4) Computer vision
- Permitted to work in Canada, and available to work at our office in Vancouver
- Development experience with C#, and .NET
- Embedded software development
- Experience with desktop 3D printing
- Proficient in C++ or Python
- Experience developing web, mobile, or desktop user interfaces using a framework such as WPF, Angular, Flutter)
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, results-driven, collaborative, and team-oriented. We are looking for individuals who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field, and are passionate about their work and Aspect’s success. We offer competitive compensation packages with excellent opportunities for personal growth.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.