Aspect Biosystems Ltd. is an award-winning Canadian start-up developing state-of-the-art 3D bioprinting technology capable of creating living human tissues on demand. Aspect aims to drive a fundamental shift in the pharmaceutical industry by enabling the development of physiologically relevant human tissue models for pre-clinical drug testing, moving away from the use of animals and de-risking customers’ drug assets entering clinical trials. Aspect is a forward-looking company that envisions a future where our technology is used directly to save lives through the creation of personalized therapeutic tissue implants,and we are already making great strides in this area. One day even fully functional printed organs may be possible and there are innumerable opportunities to cure disease and improve lives in the pursuit of that goal.
We have an interdisciplinary and fast-paced team looking for qualified and enthusiastic individuals to help us grow into a flagship Canadian tech company. As an early employee there is significant opportunity for growth and leadership. If you thrive in a team atmosphere and have the drive to grow in one of the most promising start-up companies in Canada, we want to hear from you!
Roles and Responsibilities
This role will function as a liaison between the customer and Aspect. In this capacity you will be responsible for the post-sales technical support and pre-and post sales application support activities for Aspect’s Microfluidic 3D Bioprinting Platform which includes the RX1 Bioprinter. Prior experience with tissue engineering, biomaterials development, or cell culture and a strong understanding of 3D bioprinting is essential to this role.
Core tasks will include:
- Cultivate positive relationships by interfacing directly with customers and serve as a liaison between customers and internal experts, such as Sales, Product Management, Legal, R&D, and Production to support customer’s inquiries, technical questions, and trouble-shooting needs.
- Log and manage customer inquiries using Aspect’s case tracking database.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of Aspect’s suite of products including bioprinters, printheads, and biomaterials.
- Establish and provide expert understanding and strong technical competency in discussing Aspect’s capabilities and product offering with customers.
- Develop novel bioprinting workflows and collaborate with external partners to apply these applications.
- Document all experiments and results thoroughly with detailed observations.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, and protocols and create technical documents including white papers, application notes, user manuals, and other customer facing content.
- Lead and contribute to grant writing process and scientific publications with customers when necessary.
- Identify, nurture, and manage collaborations to network and provide leads for the sales team.
- Provide feedback to Product Marketing on customer requirements for new applications or products.
- Keep abreast of the latest research development in the field and summarize for the team.
- Travel (<10-15%) to work in the field with Sales, attend meetings with key customers, provide training, and participate in trade shows, as required.
- MS/PhD in cell biology, tissue engineering, biomaterials, or a related field.
- Strong technical knowledge of tissue engineering applications.
- Demonstrated people skills, communication skills (both written and oral), and an ability to work in a matrix organizational structure.
- Experience with grant writing and scientific publications is a plus.
- May require flexibility in working hours to support multiple time zones.
- Requires high attention to detail, self-motivation, and demonstrated ability to work in collaborative team environment.
- Experience with customer support and use of CRM system a plus.
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, results driven, collaborative, and team-oriented. We are looking for individuals who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field, and are passionate about their work and Aspect’s success. We offer competitive compensation packages with excellent opportunities for personal growth.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.