Aspect Biosystems Ltd. is an award-winning Canadian startup developing state-of-the-art 3D bioprinting technology capable of creating living human tissues on demand. Aspect aims to drive a fundamental shift in the pharmaceutical industry by enabling the development of physiologically relevant human tissue models for pre-clinical drug testing, moving away from the use of animals and de-risking customers’ drug assets entering clinical trials. Aspect is a forward-looking company and envisions a future where our technology is used directly to save lives through the creation of personalized implantable tissue, and even functional organs.
We have an interdisciplinary and fast-paced team looking for qualified and enthusiastic individuals to help us grow into a flagship Canadian tech company. As an early employee, there is significant opportunity for growth and leadership. If you thrive in a team atmosphere and have the drive to grow in one of the most promising startup companies, we want to hear from you.
Roles and Responsibilities
We are seeking a full-time IT and operations expert with strong problem-solving abilities and an unshakeable motivation to help others. You will play a central role in the operations team by managing and supporting technology-related processes and assisting with various operational activities across business functions. Responsibilities will include:
- Manage, support, and troubleshoot office technology systems and tools and act as a point of contact when higher level support is required
- Create detailed documentation of computer systems and related procedures
- Install, test, and configure new workstations, network devices, and software
- Monitor deployed systems for compliance with upgrade and virus
- Support IT infrastructure projects, such as SSO, VoIP, and data migrations
- Perform and maintain backup and restoration procedures
- Assist with overall network and server management
- Identify areas of operational improvement, support improvements by providing innovative solutions, and assist with required IT buildouts
- Carry out other operational activities not necessarily of IT in nature, including shipping logistics, inventory set up, ERP
- Diploma in Computer Systems, Network Administration, or equivalent
- Minimum one year of Information Technology experience
- Training and/or certifications in Information Technology such as A+, MCSE, or CCNA
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows and applicable tools
- Exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong motivation and willingness to help others across business functions
- Highly organized and adaptable with the ability to re-prioritize workload
- Ability to work independently and understand when to escalate issues
- Effective communicator with both technical and non-technical staff, in verbal and written form
- Experience with management of VoIP systems is an asset
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, results-driven, collaborative, and team-oriented. We are looking for individuals who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field, and are passionate about their work and Aspect’s success. We offer competitive compensation packages with excellent opportunities for personal growth.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.